|Ultimate Tensile Strength
|Mass Per ft
|Cable (Strand) Diameter
- The DSI Underground HI-TEN Strand Bolt is a cable designed to be installed as a long rock bolt which is capable of being post-tensioned at the face, or out-bye, to loads of up to 27 tonnes using DSI Underground Tensioner Unit.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt is manufactured from 21 wire strand having a 12mm square, for mixing chemical anchors, welded to one end of the strand.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt has a special collar and segmented wedge, which can sustain collar loads of between 57 and 60 tons.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt is designed for high pre-tensioning using a point anchor system.
- If full encapsulation is required, extra slow speed chemical anchors of 20 minutes set time are available.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt can also be effectively used with cementitious grouts.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt concept allows a longer than seam height bolt to be installed at up to 30° from the vertical at the face, or out-bye, to supplement existing strata reinforcement.
Compatible domed plates are available to be used with the HI-TEN Strand Bolt.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt system is patent pending.
- 28mm hole diameters are preferred.
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be approximately 155mm shorter than the bolt length.
- This allows for sufficient tail to fit accessories, roof plate, collar/wedges & Tensioner Unit.
- After insertion of the chemical anchors the bolt is rotated through the anchors while pushing the bolt, fully, to the back of the hole.
- It is important to follow the chemical manufacturers recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the chemical anchor cartons. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- The tensioner unit is connected to the HI-TEN Strand Bolt and tension applied.
- For further details refer to DSI Underground’s Tensioner Unit user instruction guide.