Manual Installation Procedure
The Dynamic OMEGA-BOLT® benefits from the same operational procedure as conventional inflatable friction stabilizers, providing a fast, clean and safe installation.
1. Drill a 45 - 48 [mm] hole (min 43 - max 51 [mm]). The hole depth should exceed the length of the Dynamic OMEGA-BOLT®.
2. Mount the face place onto the Dynamic OMEGA-BOLT®.
3. Insert the Dynamic OMEGA-BOLT® in the pre-drilled hole. Connect to a standard electric pump equipped with an OMEGA-BOLT® 160/200/240 inflation chuck. The pump must be pre-set to reach a minimum pressure of 240 [bar] (max 300 [bar]).
4. Press the trigger and pump the bolt until full expansion (= until pump stops).
5. Wait a few seconds before releasing internal water pressure. Remove the chuck. Installation completed.
The Dynamic OMEGA-BOLT® is perfectly fit for automatic bolting rigs and already prepared for water expanded friction bolts.
The installation sequence remains similar as above, but is operated via the control panel on the rig. Only a few adaptations of the water pressure settings (240 [bar]), the selection of the right chuck and retaining springs on the bolts’ carousel may be needed.
Conversion kits from grouted bolts to water expanded friction bolts are available from OEM drill rigs.