Threaded & Ribbed FRP Dowels
Fibreglass Dowel Fully Formed
|Physical Properties||12.5 Tonne Dowel||15 Tonne Dowel||20 Tonne Dowel||30 Tonne Dowel||38 Tonne Dowel|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||125 kN||150 kN||200 kN||300 kN||380 kN|
|Nut/Thread Tensile Strength||55 kN||85 kN||85 kN||95 kN||95 kN|
|Single Shear Strength||45 kN||50 kN||57 kN||65 kN||74 kN|
|Nut Breakout Torque||30 ft/lbs||35 ft/lbs||40 ft/lbs||40 ft/lbs||40 ft/lbs|
|Mass per Meter (Std-HD)||650-800 gms||675-850 gms||720-875 gms||750 gms||775 gms|
|Nominal Bolt Diameter||20 mm||20 mm||20 mm||20 mm||22 mm|
|Nominal Cross Sectional Area of Bolt||310 mm2||310 mm2||310 mm2||310 mm2||325 mm2|
|Thread Length||150 mm||200 mm||200 mm||200 mm||200 mm|
|Major Bar Diameter (thread)||25.4 mm||25.4 mm||25.4 mm||25.4 mm||25.4 mm|
|Specific Gravity (grams/cm3)||1.7-2.0||1.8-2.1||1.9-2.15||1.95-2.2||2.0-2.25|
- The dowels are pull formed (matched die) fibreglass construction and are ribbed over its full length to provide maximum load transfer.
Thread form is of a sinusoidal type, nominally 150mm long and 25mm diameter, and is fitted with an integral drive nut with radial face.
- All fibreglass dowels are designed to be used with chemical anchors and be fully encapsulated.
- Bolts over 2400mm in length are available in all dowel types by negotiation.
- Australian Patent Numbers 631881 and 65494 are applicable to these bolts.
- 26-27mm hole diameters are preferred. Holes over 28mm diameter are not recommended.
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be shorter than the bolt to allow for the height of the washer and nut.
- After insertion of the chemical anchors, the bolt is rotated through the anchor(s) while being pushed to the back of the hole.
- It is important to follow the chemical manufacturer’s recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the chemical anchor cartons. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- For further details regarding installation procedures refer to DSI Underground’s "Practical Guide to Rock Bolting".