Shotcrete Mesh Panels are constructed with black or galvanized mesh and burlap cloth. Stiffeners are incorporated for three-dimensionable stability. The panels can be various sizes depending on application. They are lightweight and can be cut-to-shape with small bolt-cutters. When Shotcrete is applied to the panels, the result is a durable wall, which is resilient to close proximity blasting.
- Install grouted dowels on 2-4' centers around perimeter of proposed wall
- Tie 1/2" rebar to the dowels and form a grid of approximately 2-3' squares
- Tie the Shotecrete Mesh Panel forms to the rebar grid using tie wire. The rib stiffener of the panel is then tied to the rebar. The panels must be butted together and wire tied about every foot. Panels can be easily trimmed to conform to tunnel of drift irregularities using ordinary bolt-cutters.
- Apply Shotcrete through rebar grid.
- Can also be attached to existing beams on structures.