- Manufacture of the "posimix" bolt is the addition of a specially designed spring wire attached to the up hole end of many of DSI Underground rock bolts.
- The "posimix" bolting system was designed to assist in the installation of rock bolts with chemical anchors in larger diameter holes (31- 38mm) by providing:
- substantially enhanced mixing of the chemical anchors,
- load transfer capabilities are maximised,
- the ability to be installed with a face jumbo as well as hand held machines.
- The "posimix" device centralises the bolt in the hole allowing an even distribution of the chemical anchor around the bolt. It also acts as an Archimedes screw pump forcing the chemical towards the back of the hole, assisting in mixing whilst consolidating the anchor for improved load transfer properties.
- In addition to improved mixing properties the "posimix" device also tends to pump the plastic skin of the chemical anchor to the back of the hole which eliminates the ‘gloving’ effect.
- All DSI Underground conventional chemical bolts can be manufactured as "posimix" bolts and supplied to suit either left or right hand bolt rotation.
- Recommended hole size is 31 to 38mm diameter.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing.